Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Catching Up On The Last Week

MY KNEE Well, last week and this week have not been good for me and my knee. It's so swollen. I'd take a picture of it but I don't have wide-angle lens! Most often I sit with my leg hiked up and an ice bag on my knee. No fun. It's getting more difficult to get up from a chair and especially the toilet (please try to not get a mental image of this). But today I'm going back to the orthopaedic doctor to have my knee drained. Yes, I said drained. Doesn't that sound painful? I'll let you know later today if I'm able. On to more news from the past week:
TOM AND THE KITCHEN PROJECT He's still working on the kitchen (well, one side of the kitchen). It's looking great! I'm so proud of how hard Tom has been working and how wonderful the countertops look. Here's a picture of him in action.....

Tom used standard 1/16 spacers between the granite tiles. He put a 4" backsplash of granite and realized that the standard spacers would not work. Bright Tom (nudged by bright Matt) thought about using coins (quarters) for spacers b/c they are approximately 1/16 inch thick. Brilliant. When our neighbor dropped by to see the progress of the kitchen, he commented that you can tell when people have lots of money . . . . they use quarters as spacers. HA Couldn't be farther from the truth. But the quarters did work beautifully.

It's difficult to tell with the reflection, but the quarters worked!

Meanwhile, it's still a challenge to cook in my kitchen. I was cooking a crockpot meal for a friend, and the only place to plug the crockpot was in front of the windows with the crockpot sitting in a chair.

ANOTHER PROJECT - UNPLANNED Sunday night we were sitting in the den and I heard something strange from the front yard. I told Tom to go check it out. Well, another mailbox kicked the bucket! We're gone through so many mailboxes. Some by car accidents, some maliciously knocked down, some are still a mystery. This was a hit and run. Look at the damage.
The thick wooden post was split in half and part of my azalea was broken. Our neighbor happened to be in her yard and said it was a white SUV that sped by and apparently lost control. The next morning I walked to survey the damage. I found a hubcap. Now, we're looking for a FORD white SUV. I thought about putting a sign in the yard saying "I'll trade your hubcap for a new mailbox/post". I still may put a sign out. Some parent may be wondering how their child mysteriously lost a hubcap. Plus there must be some damage on the car. Oh well......

PICTURE OF BRIE AND HER PARENTS

She's a living doll, huh?

No wonder she's so pretty - look at her parents!


No comments: