Friday, October 17, 2008

Doctor's Orders

Doctor Rucker (I sleep with my doctor) ordered me on strict couch rest for two weeks. He's such a pushy ole man. When we found out my newest granddaughter will arrive in about two weeks, Dr. Rucker told me I needed to do the best I could to get my knee better so that I can actually walk to her hospital room (as opposed to using a wheelchair). And so that I can help Abby when she comes home (without my hiking pole!). So I shall abide by my "doctor's" request and blob on the sofa except for doing my knee exercises. Don't get me wrong - I can mold into a sofa and become one with it better than most people. But when you are "ordered" to lay around, the fun is just sucked out of it. That's when I think of millions of things I want to do - all of which require me standing on my legs. Actually, I should not be sitting at this computer because my leg is hanging down and my knee is slightly swelling. So I guess I'll just run to the nearest bed and get off my feet. I'll try to slip away daily to update my blog on how I love to do nothing.

No comments: