Wow, this is crazy fun. Abby called last night on her way home from the HOSPITAL! Yep, she and Matt went last night b/c she was concerned that she had not felt the baby move most of the day, even after I gave her a caffeine iced tea which usually sends Cadence into full breakdance mode. She called her good friend who is a labor & delivery room nurse (who happened to be working at the hospital). Ashley said to come on in that Ab's favorite doctor was there also. Isn't God good? That immediately eased Abby's mind. Dr. Stamm checked Cadence out and said he had not heard such a strong heartbeat in a long time. But Abby's amniotic fluid is 4.5 and ideally it's between 8 and 18. The doctor said Cadence is a big baby (I wonder how big?) and that she doesn't have much room to move with low fluid so that's why Abby doesn't feel her moving. Also, Abby was having contractions. She is 90% effaced (up from 80% on Wed) and still 1 c. dilated. She was monitored then sent home. Dr. Stamm thinks sweet Cadence may be arriving on her own in the next few days. Regardless, this morning Abby is having a biophysical exam to determine if her fluid has decreased more. If so, she will be admitted to hospital and induced. If not, she'll go home and return on Monday to check the fluid again. I'm wondering if Cady Grace will be this unpredictable during her life. Could be a pattern developing here! I'll keep updating when I can.
LATEST UPDATE
Ab just called (8:45). Her fluid is up so no inducement today. She is having random contractions. The baby weighs about 8 pounds right now! Doctor thinks she'll deliver in the next few days, but they won't let her go beyond Wed. of next week. I gotta run..............
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment